The Quantum EMS Pediatric Vacuum Mattresses (a complete set of 3 mattresses) are designed to effectively immobilize and transport infants and children who have experienced vertebra, pelvis, or limb trauma.
The sealed Pediatric Vacuum Mattresses are a triple layered foldable set (3) of PVC canvas’s filled with polystyrene beads which mold themselves around the patients’ body. The patient is placed on the mattress and air is pumped out through a high security, sealable plastic valve. The atmospheric pressure presses the polystyrene beads together making the mattress rigid and immobilizing the patient. Two adjustable patient support straps securely yet comfortably hold the patient in place on the mattress. Once the patient is secured, rescuers can then use the mattress’s four handles to safely and efficiently transport the patient.
The fire retardant, waterproof Pediatric Vacuum Mattress can be used in temperatures ranging from -40 F to 140 F (-40 C to 60 C). It is X-Ray translucent and easy to clean.
- Sealed mattress consisting of three layers of foldable high frequency wielded PVC canvases that are filled with polystyrene beads.
- Removable inner foam provides further cushioning
- Two adjustable, removable and replaceable patient support straps.
- Four handles, two on each side, allows rescuers to safely and efficiently transport the patient.
- Can also be used for adult and pediatric limb support and immobilization